#WakeUpNigeria: A recipe for ‘sweet potato hash and sunny side up’
You must have been thinking about how to get something different and a typical breakfast recipe, we had you in mind as usual. This classic breakfast dish is healthy and rich in carbohydrate and protein.
Chef Miyonse on #WakeUpNigeria introduced the “Sweet Potato Hash and sunny side up”. He classified it as a “typical breakfast”.
The recipe is not just different, the ingredients are basic, simple and easy to access. While refering to budgeting which was discussed with Habiba Balogun on #WakeUpNigeria (Read here), Miyonse said #1000 naira should get you all the ingredients.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Pepper
- Eggs and
Below is the procedure:
- Peel the potatoes and cook for five minutes. According to Chef Miyonse, five minutes is enough because sweet potatoes are tender and don’t take time to cook normally.
- Cut the green pepper, the sausages.You can also boil the sausages for few minutes.
- Chop the briefly cooked sweet potatoes and sear it by using little vegetable oil in a frying pan on heat.
- Add the chopped onions, green pepper, bell pepper and sausage later on. Stir till it becomes crisp and a bit brown.
Then we have the sweet potatoes hash.
To make the sunny side up;
- Put oil in a pan and make sure it doesn’t get hot; thereby reducing the heat
- Break the egg into the vegetable oil
- While it’s cooking, add one or two table spoon of water.
- Sear the tomatoes that was cut into half till its a bit brown.
Your ‘Sweet Potatoes Hash and sunny side up’ is ready. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on the egg and the tomatoes.
Note: The tomatoes and lettuce are for garnish.