#WakeUpNigeria: ‘Oat porridge & french toast’ perfect for breakfast
Oat porridge and french toast might sound complicated but its among the simplest recipe for breakfast. This morning on #WakeUpNigeria, Chef Tolu brought to us the nice delicacy called “strawberry oat porridge and fresh toast”. It was a delicious one and surprisingly simple to prepare. See ingredients below;
The ingredients are:
- Rolled oat
- Brown sugar
- Evaporated milk
- Whipping cream
- Strawberry fruit
- Sliced bread and
- Liquid milk.
Firstly, to make the oats, the ingredients are; Milk, oats, brown sugar and strawberry essence.
- Put milk on high heat, add oats and stir it a bit.
- Add brown sugar
- Add a bit of strawberry essence to have a that strawberry flavour.
- Leave it to cook a bit, stir till its thick like porridge.
To make the strawberry oat porridge , the ingredients are: Bread, milk, eggs and cinnamon.
Here is the procedure:
- Put little oil or butter in a pan, with low heat.
- While waiting for the oil to get hot, mix the milk with cinnamon and salt in a bowl, then stir very well.
Note: You can mix the milk cream with evaporated milk or water.
- After stirring, deep the bread in the milk till it soaks and put flat in the heated pan of oil, fry till its golden brown.
Note: You can use stale bread i.e bread that has spent two days in the fridge since the bread is not going to be eaten fresh.
- Fry the remaining mixed milk with egg to make scrambles egg.
- Garnish with strawberry fruit and your food is done.