#WakeUpNigeria: Pepper puff puff served with sauce
Delicious snacks like Puff puff are generally accepted by Nigerians and could be easily prepared at home. Having something spicy for breakfast, Pepper puff puff can be served with sauce.
- Ata rodo/blended pepper
- 1 Egg and
For the sauce,
- Chili sauce
- Barbecue sauce
- Curry and thyme
- Turmeric powder
- Black pepper
Here is the procedure for making the ‘Pepper Puff puff’
- Activate the yeast by putting it in warm water.
Chef Tolu noted that hot water will kill the yeast, so warm water is best.
- Mix properly, the flour, sugar, cinnamon powder,and one egg to give it a proper texture.
- Add the yeast by pouring it bit by bit so it won’t run too much.
- Add little water and mix well.
- Cover with a clean handkerchief and put in a pre-heated oven, leave it there to rise.
Chef Tolu importantly added that the oven should be turned off as soon as you put it in because it is the heat alone that is needed.
- Bring it out after an hour or more and begin to fry in vegetable oil scooping with a spoon.
To make the sauce:
- fry little pepper a bit
- Add the Chili sauce and the Barbecue sauce to fry a bit
- Add curry, thyme, a pinch of salt, black pepper and turmeric powder by sauce.
- Serve with the puff-puff.