Salivate Over The Ugba Soup (Oil Bean) With Okro (Recipe)
Chef Mary Jane brought a very special and uncommon delicacy to the Wake Up Nigeria Kitchen today. She made a very unique and healthy meal of Ugba Soup (Oil bean) with okro. Interestingly, this dish has a very straightforward recipe and it is easily cooked.
The richness of the Ugba extends to the benefits it has on its consumers. It helps to prevent cancer growth and improves fertility too. It has anti-inflammatory properties that helps to prevent scars from getting infected while also avoiding bacteria.
Here are the necessary Ingredients to prepare Okro with Ugba (Oil bean Soup):
- Crocker Fish
- Stock Fish
- Dry Prawns
- Pumpkin Leaves
- Fresh Pepper
- Palm Oil
- Seasoning Cubes
Step by Step Procedure:
– Roughly chop your okro and soften your stockfish with hot water
– Set your Uziza for flavor and that enticing aroma
– Melt your red oil a bit and fry your chopped onions for a little while
– Add in your crayfish followed by pepper
– Fry your fish along too. Make sure you already washed it with hot water and salt
– Give your okro a little bit fry
– Then, turn in your already cooked and chopped ponmo
– Finally, add your Dry Prawns and keep stirring until they are all fried.
– Your delicacy is ready, serve with any meal of your choice such as Foofoo, Eba etc
Watch video here: