Rape allegation: Mother of Ronaldo’s accuser reacts after court dropped charges
Cristiano Ronaldo who had rape allegations leveled against him dropped earlier this week, is lightly to face more trouble as his accuser’s mum declares that it’s not yet over for the football star.
On Monday, it was reported that the football star will not face criminal charges over allegations that he raped a woman at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.
Ronaldo was cleared of charges after Clark County district attorney Steve Wolfson says review on police investigations, shows that there isn’t enough evidence to prove the allegation.
“Based upon a review of the information presented at this time, the allegations of sexual assault against Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Therefore, no charges will be forthcoming,” Wolfson said in a statement.
However, the mother of Kathryn Mayorga (the accuser) has said the fight isn’t over yet.
When asked if she was disappointed in the decision, Kathryn’s mum Cheryl told Sun Online: “We’re just not going to comment right now because I’m not sure it is over.”
Earlier this year, Cheryl revealed her daughter “needs justice”.
Speaking from her Las Vegas home in May she told The Sun: “All I can say is that Kathryn needs justice and that’s why we’re so low. It is what it is.”
While the criminal charges have been dropped, Ronaldo still faces a civil case in which he could still be found responsible for the rape and have to pay damages.
The lawsuit alleges that Kathryn was raped and then paid£300,000 by Ronaldo’s team to keep quiet about the attack.
In a 31-page legal complaint filed in federal court, Kathryn describes how Ronaldo allegedly sodomized her while she she screamed “no, no, no” at the penthouse of the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas back in 2009.