Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

TVCE Articles

‘We won’t abandon our campaign promises,” says Lai Mohammed

Lai Mohammed

TVC E, POLITICS –  Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has assured Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari will not renege of his campaign promises.

Mohammed also said that the government had been forced to prioritize its programmes due to the oil price decline.

The minister made the comments while featuring on a TV programme on Sunday, February 28, 2016.

When you campaign, you say you will do a,b, c, but when you win election, you prioritise,” he said.

“We are still faithful to those promises, but as you have rightly said, when we were campaigning the price of crude was $100 a barrel, today it is $30 a barrel so definitely, we will have to downsize some of the things intended to do but this does not mean abandoning those promises.

“You do not make a budget for four years, you make an annual budget and in this year’s budget, we have outlined those parts of the policy that we intend to keep.

“Those we cannot keep this year, we will keep in 2017, 2018 and 2019. This is how government works,” he added.

Mohammed also said that the government will get to work as soon as the 2016 budget is passed.

Author

You May Also Like

Entertainment

Funke Akindele is not one to leave the cinema calendar empty for long. After a run that has rewritten what Nigerian audiences expect from...

Celebrity Gossip

When Martins Iyeh walked into the Big Brother Naija Season 11 house on 26 July 2026, he set his own terms. The 30-year-old visual...

Entertainment

For years, African films have travelled to London without necessarily having a place to call their own. They have appeared at film festivals, screened...

Entertainment

Davido has taken his concerns about the upcoming Osun State governorship election beyond Nigerian social media, addressing an open letter directly to United States...

Copyright © TVCCommuniation owner of TVC Entertainment