Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

World

Munich shooting: Gunman planned attack ‘for year’

TVC E. The teenage gunman who killed nine people in Munich on Friday had been planning his attack for a year, German

authorities say.

David Sonboly, 18, who had a Glock pistol and more than 300 bullets, killed himself after the attack.

The Bavarian State Crime Office said he had bought the illegal pistol used in the attack on the internet.

Vigils continue in the Bavarian capital to commemorate the victims, seven of whom were teenagers.

Three were from Kosovo, three from Turkey and one from Greece. A further 35 people were injured.

The crime office said the victims of the attack had not been specifically targeted and were not classmates of the gunman.

Senior German politicians have called for tighter controls on the sale of guns in the wake of the shooting at the Olympia shopping centre.

Munich’s police chief has urged the media to respect the privacy of those affected by the attack on Monday, when schools reopen.

Author

You May Also Like

Entertainment

Funke Akindele is not one to leave the cinema calendar empty for long. After a run that has rewritten what Nigerian audiences expect from...

Celebrity Gossip

When Martins Iyeh walked into the Big Brother Naija Season 11 house on 26 July 2026, he set his own terms. The 30-year-old visual...

Entertainment

For years, African films have travelled to London without necessarily having a place to call their own. They have appeared at film festivals, screened...

Entertainment

Davido has taken his concerns about the upcoming Osun State governorship election beyond Nigerian social media, addressing an open letter directly to United States...

Copyright © TVCCommuniation owner of TVC Entertainment