Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

World

Italy evacuates 15 Libyans wounded in bomb attack

Italian bombing

TVCE, ITALY – No fewer than 15 Libyans were evacuated by Italian government on Monday for medical treatment in after they were wounded in last week’s truck bomb attack against a police training centre.

A statement issued on Monday by Italian authority said a C-130 transport plane was sent to the port city of Misrata to take the wounded to a military hospital in Rome.

“This operation is a concrete gesture of solidarity and attention by Italy for the Libyan people at a particularly delicate moment for the stabilisation of the country,” the statement said.

Islamic State militants claimed responsibility on Friday for the bombing the day before. The attack killed at least 47 people and wounded more than 100, making it the worst such attack since the fall of Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.

Italy and other Western powers have been pushing Libya’s factions to back a U.N.-brokered plan for a national unity government to join forces against Islamic State militants. But the agreement faces major resistance from several factions on the ground.

Author

You May Also Like

Entertainment

Funke Akindele is not one to leave the cinema calendar empty for long. After a run that has rewritten what Nigerian audiences expect from...

Celebrity Gossip

When Martins Iyeh walked into the Big Brother Naija Season 11 house on 26 July 2026, he set his own terms. The 30-year-old visual...

Entertainment

For years, African films have travelled to London without necessarily having a place to call their own. They have appeared at film festivals, screened...

Entertainment

Davido has taken his concerns about the upcoming Osun State governorship election beyond Nigerian social media, addressing an open letter directly to United States...

Copyright © TVCCommuniation owner of TVC Entertainment