Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

Selena Gomez cuts off Justin Bieber for good

Selena Gomez performs during the 2016 Festival D'ete De Quebec on July 11, 2016 in Quebec City, Canada. Credit: C Flanigan/WireImage

Selena Gomez is done being hung up on Justin Bieber and she has taken major steps to make sure he stays out of her life.

The 24-year-old “Same Old Love” singer, whose on-again-off relationship with Bieber, 22, began in 2011, “changed her phone number,” a Gomez insider reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly. “She told everyone not to give it to him.”

Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez arrive at the The 28th Annual MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.

Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez arrive at the The 28th Annual MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. Credit: Kevin Mazur/WireImage

The impetus: a mid-August argument over Instagram in which Gomez told Bieber to stop posting photos of him and girlfriend Sofia Richie if he couldn’t “handle the hate” from jealous fans. “It should be special between you two only,” she wrote on his post. Bieber then allegedly accused Gomez of cheating. “Oh I forgot about You and Zayn?” he reportedly commented, apparently implying she had been unfaithful with former One Direction member Zayn Malik.

“Selena lost it,” continues the source. “She can be fragile emotionally and Justin is a major factor.” Now Gomez, who canceled her Revival tour because of lupus-related anxiety, is “focused on her mental health.”

As Us Weekly previously reported, the “Kill ’Em With Kindness” singer revealed via a statement on Tuesday, August 30, that she’s taking a break to cope with her “panic attacks and depression.”

“As many of you know, around a year ago I revealed that I have Lupus, an illness that can affect people in different ways. I’ve discovered that anxiety, panic attacks and depression can be side effects of Lupus, which can present their own challenges,” her statement read. “I want to be proactive and focus on maintaining my health and happiness and have decided that the best way forward is to take some time off. Thank you to all my fans for your support. You know how special you are to me, but I need to face this head on to ensure I am doing everything possible to be my best. I know I am not alone and by sharing this, I hope others will be encouraged to address their own issues.”

 

Author

You May Also Like

Entertainment

Funke Akindele is not one to leave the cinema calendar empty for long. After a run that has rewritten what Nigerian audiences expect from...

Entertainment

The P-Square saga has raised plenty of questions about family, money, ownership and what happens when the people you build a business with are...

Entertainment

Davido has taken his concerns about the upcoming Osun State governorship election beyond Nigerian social media, addressing an open letter directly to United States...

Celebrity Gossip

When Martins Iyeh walked into the Big Brother Naija Season 11 house on 26 July 2026, he set his own terms. The 30-year-old visual...

Copyright © TVCCommuniation owner of TVC Entertainment