Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

TVCE Articles

Okorocha gets 14-day ultimatum over sacked Imo workers

Rochas-OkorochaTVC E, NEWS – Labour leaders have issued a 14-day ultimatum to the Governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha to reinstate the 3000 workers that he sacked last week or risk the state being shut down completely by the NLC.

At a meeting held in Lagos on Friday, leaders of the Nigeria Labour Congress affirmed that Governor Okorocha flouted labour laws with his sack of the workers.

According to them, the governor’s conduct left them with no choice but to issue him a 14-day ultimatum to rescind the decision.

A factional leader of the NLC, Joe Ajaero, who gave the ultimatum said the Imo State Government must recall the workers or face the wrath of labour.

“We will ensure that there will be no light, tanker drivers will not supply fuel, while shops and banks will not be opened for business,” Ajaero said.

He added that the government, instead of finding ways to pay arrears of salaries owed workers, had resorted to sacking workers.

He said: “The penchant for humiliating Nigerian workers by our leaders is becoming sad.

“It has taken a turn for the worse with an assumed belief that Nigerian workers can no longer defend themselves.

“The lives of workers and their families are at stake and if the government ignores us it is to their peril.”

Ajaero said the Governor had earlier debunked reports that the government was planning to sack but two days later, he fired 3,000 workers.

Author

You May Also Like

Entertainment

Funke Akindele is not one to leave the cinema calendar empty for long. After a run that has rewritten what Nigerian audiences expect from...

Celebrity Gossip

When Martins Iyeh walked into the Big Brother Naija Season 11 house on 26 July 2026, he set his own terms. The 30-year-old visual...

Entertainment

For years, African films have travelled to London without necessarily having a place to call their own. They have appeared at film festivals, screened...

Entertainment

Davido has taken his concerns about the upcoming Osun State governorship election beyond Nigerian social media, addressing an open letter directly to United States...

Copyright © TVCCommuniation owner of TVC Entertainment